Tuesday, August 19, 2008

my lunch with Helen

I had lunch with Helen Gurkelbee yesterday. Helen's a neighbor of ours. She lives right down the street. Anyway, we were halfway through a lovely meal and all the while Helen had been telling me all about her latest conquests -- all of them men much younger than her. I finally dropped my fork and said, 'Do you know what you are, Helen Gurkelbee? You're a cougar, that's what you are!'

She smiled playfully, then made a claw out her right hand and pawed the air in front of her. 'Rowr!' she said. 'Rowr!'

I smiled right back at her, made a claw out of my hand and I started pawing the air too. 'Rowr!!' I said. 'Rowr!' We sat in the middle of the restaurant and took turns going back and forth like that for almost a minute before we broke down and started giggling like schoolkids.

I tell you, you haven't had lunch until you've had lunch with Helen Gurkelbee..

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I guess I have never had lunch.

Is there such a think as a free lunch with Helen?

7:28 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

I guess I haven't had lunch then, because I haven't had lunch with helen Gurkelbee.

So what have I been doing around the noon hour with food in front of me?

7:37 AM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Holy Match Game!

Let's see...Missy, Helen will buy lunch every now and then, but only when you're not expecting it.

BC, you've been gnoshing. That's what you've been doing.

And there's nothing wrong with that. ;-)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home