Saturday, June 28, 2008

while my lemonade gently cools

'When the sun's coming up/I got cakes on the griddle. Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle.'
-John Denver, 'Thank God I'm a Country Boy'

Faluffle
At the breakfast table
I sometimes like to
name my pancakes
before I eat them.
The last pancake
I ate was Squishtopher.
The pancake before that
was Flat Tony.
I'm going to call my
next pancake
Level Knievel.
And I'm going to
wear a blindfold
while I'm
devouring it
as a salute
to his bravery.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Hmmm, is there a list I can get you to prevent you from naming any human beings?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Not to worry, Missy. No naming rights for me.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pancake are you naming for 'Bama's running mate?

1:25 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Gosh, BD, I don't know. Blueberry Clinton?

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home