Sunday, June 01, 2008

the man in the mirror

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range/I used to care, but..'
-Bob Dylan 'Things Have Changed' *Another song for the list.

My posts about having guests over kind of struck a chord with me. Over the years, I've noticed that a fair number of people seem to like me. I'd say about 71% like me just fine upon meeting me. Another 25% are fairly indifferent (these numbers level out over time, believe me) and the remaining 4% tend to despise me. They don't just dislike me, they seem to actively loathe me. I've always been fascinated by these people the most. We have so much in common! Can't we all just get along? :-)

Okay, I'm kidding there, but I've always found those people very interesting. Anyway, and I've been thinking about this, I think the reason the people who do like me mainly like me because I'm safe. They know when they're over visiting and I walk into the bathroom, there's a 99.43% chance I won't come out of the bathroom wearing a leather hood. That's important in today's modern world. You'd be surprised how many times that will happen in your day to day life.

Still.

You have no idea how many times I've stared at myself in the bathoom mirror, wearing my leather hood, and thought, 'No. The time just isn't right.'

It's that eternal struggle we all face, eh? And I know you know what I'm talking about.

Okay, that's about it for today. Yeah, that'll do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I like you. That is all.

Let's go out for pizza and beer soon! Or let's BBQ!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Back at you, Missy!

And we're up for either. Just say when!

10:13 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Yep, I do know what you're talking about.

I was once voted 'Most likely to shoot people from the roof of our workplace' by one of my co-workers. He had a very small pool to draw from, as there were only a dozen people who worked there, and only three viable candidates, but still...

I told him he was lucky I didn't know where to get my hands on an AK-47 as he would be the first person I'd shoot. Probably the only person I'd shoot, now I think about it. I was very puzzled though when he replied, "Oh, I could hook you up."

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home