Saturday, April 12, 2008

the one after 400

I was in a meeting yesterday. I was in a lot of meetings yesterday. I stayed present for as much of each meeting as I could, but as it will, my mind got to wandering throughout the day. A central question it grappled with was this: If we are all silverware, which am I -- a knife, a spoon or a fork? This is a question we all ask ourselves at various points in our life, and at different points in our life we've probably all been all three of those dining implements. However, taking the long view, I have to say that I am probably...a spoon. Yep. A spoon. Generally harmless, handy in very certain situations, and never one to cut into more than I can chew.

Now I know a lot of people would say I'm a fork. Indeed, a lot of people have said I'm a real fork over the years. Only they didn't quite say it that way.

Forkers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

What if I am one of those plastic orange peeler things??

7:39 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

I think that's fair. After giving it some thought, I might be more a spork than a spoon.

Yes, that's it: I'm a big spork. That's what I am.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Voix said...

I have always seen myself as something in the ladle family. I like feeding people, maybe that is why.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Citizen said...

There's nothing wrong with a ladle. Ladles are very handy to have around.

And feeding people is a very good thing.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home