Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blues Traveler

"I like coffee and I like tea."
- Blues Traveler, 'Run-Around.'

Yet another lyric about coffee. You know, I looked up the lyrics to Memphis (see last post) and it says I had it wrong. It SAYS the lyric goes like this: "Good coffee, well, it's just hard to find.' But I'm fairly sure on the live version he sings it like this: 'Good coffee, hell, it's just hard to find.' Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter. I forgot to look up who it was that wrote that song. I should have done that. That would have been good..

Well, I guess that doesn't really matter, either. What does matter is how messed up my little list has gotten. I'm on song #236 right now and I'm going to roll a few more off and then take a break from the list for a time. I'm completely lost, folks. I'm not sure which songs I've listed and which songs I only think I've listed. So to get us up to #240, let's do this: #237 - 'Memphis,' sung by Lyle Lovett. #238 --'Step Inside This House,' also sung by Lyle Lovett. #239 -- 'She Runs Away' by Duncan Sheik (Duncan Sheik That's a groovy name. Have I ever mentioned that?) and #240 -- 'Save it For Later' by some group called 'English Beat.' Don't ask me, I don't know. All I know is it's a catchy song and it's been used in every movie since 1946.

So there. The list is on hiatus until I can write it all out and see a) where I am and b) where I have to go from here.

Lastly, a poem:

Two dreams per day come true
Some folks
store
their dreams
in empty coffee cans.
Who am I
to say they're wrong?
I drink mine
by the cup.

3 Comments:

Blogger blackcrag said...

I think you are both right about the lyric confusion. The lyrics were probably written 'well' so not to offend anyone, and Lyle there sings it as 'hell.' I would if I were him.

And how did I miss that coffee reference from Blues Traveler? I love that band!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Did you know that there is a big coffee convention coming to town this May?

http://conference.scaa.org/

6:40 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Yeah, BT is/was alright, BC.

Missy, bless you! A coffee convention. Why didn't I think of that?

I will be there, a jumbo-sized cup in each hand!!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home