Sunday, March 02, 2008

Life on Flinn

People stop me all the time and ask me what it was like to live on the planet Flinn. Usually, I have my corncob pipe at the ready and I pull that out and regale them with bittersweet reminisces of my time on that stately sphere.

The temperature on Flinn is always 82 degrees -- always. Except when it dips down to 62 degrees, which it will do from time to time. We call that our winter. It lasts, on average, fourteen minutes per year. We Citizens of Flinn bear it, though, as we do all of our trials, with a firm jaw and a stiff upper lip.

The sun shines all the time on Flinn. And though we have no photographic evidence of a moon overhead, we suspect that one is there all the same. Something is making our sixteen seas awfully jumpy. And if it's not a moon, we don't want to know about it!

Upon birth, all Citizens of Flinn are awarded a black belt in karate. No one ever fights anybody on Flinn. It just doesn't happen. Who would want to mess with anyone who has a black belt in karate? You'd have to be crazy!

For the time being, I'm afraid that's all I can tell you. I'd like to tell you more, but I had to fill out a whole bunch of forms just to tell you the things I just told you. And I'm on probation already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Has Tellon been to Finn?


He has been living in my closet, I could send him up for a visit!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

I don't believe so. Of course, I haven't been back to that quadrant in gleegs (that's years in Flinn).

Is he paying rent? :-)

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home