Thursday, May 29, 2008

regrets

You know, everyone has at least one big regret in life, that boulder that weighs us down and weighs us down until we ultimately sink to the bottom of the sea. For me, that regret is that I wasn't born Kensington Farnsworth. I think my life would have been much different had I been born with that name. I almost certainly would be driving a Jaguar right now. And that's just the beginning. I'll go into it more in a future post, but for now let me just add a quick song to the list. That song is, perhaps appropriately, 'You're So Vain' by Carly Simon. Legend has it that she wrote this song about Mickey Rooney.

Did you know that Carly Simon hooked up with Cat Stevens, Kris Kristofferson, Mick Jagger, Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson in about an 18 month period back in 1972 or possibly 1973? Great goshamole, that's pretty good company she was keeping there! Good for you, Carly Simon. What more can you say about that?

For more about today's song, check out this link to an old classic post posted by yours truly.
http://citizen-of-flinn.blogspot.com/2006/07/hollywood-stories_22.html

Yours truly,

Dan

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

So that's not what "Dan" is short for?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Quoi?

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home