Thursday, June 19, 2008

it's me again

I simply had to share this: I was zipping down Interstate 494 after work today and as I was toodling along, I noticed a car about to merge into traffic off to my immediate right. As it happened, we synced up perfectly. And I could tell the guy in this other car wanted to get into my lane and he could tell that I wanted to get over to his lane -- so I could exit. For just the briefest of moments, at roughly 35 MPH, we locked eyes, studying each other keenly with an open, shared and bitter contempt. It was fleeting, as I said, but for that one second I felt like we had a real connection. That doesn't happen between strangers very often in our society these days. And when it does happen, it's special.

I don't care what anyone says.

(Thus this supplemental post).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home