Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tommy Stinson's gots chops

Ho-kay, I've mailed it in for so long I'm running low on postage. I'd better dig in a little bit. So, yes, today I tried to eat blueberries in traffic -- briefly. What happened was that I had a big container of blueberries and cream (with a lovely glaze of sugar on top) with me in the car. I also had a spoon. And it was lunchtime. You can about imagine what happened next. Yup, I was at a red light -- you know the kind. The spoon glinted in the sun and next thing you know, it was blueberry madness! Of course this red light lasted only 3.5 seconds (as opposed to all the other red lights on the planet that glow eternally), so all at once I had to shift my car into gear with one hand while holding a spoon in another hand while gripping the steering wheel with my other hand.

As you've probably surmised, that math doesn't hold up. Nor would my argument have held up in court, had I piled it in. "But Your Honor, the blueberries were SOOOOOOOOOOO tasty. They were de-lish!"

Yeah. Probably wouldn't fly. Luckily, I was able to make an adjustment and become once again a fairly responsible citizen.

And, since I was on my lunch break, I shot over to a Half-Price bookstore in the area. It's not such a bad place to kill a lunch hour. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, but I found it: a CD by Bash & Pop. Bash & Pop was Tommy Stinson's band after The Replacements broke up and before he joined up with Guns N' Roses. How about that for a sterling rock resume'? In the business world, that would be like being the CFO of Norelco and then the COO of Panasonic. It's damn impressive! What's more, I've always heard pretty good things about Bash & Pop. And the name of the CD I found is cool too -- 'Friday Night Is Killing Me.' Who hasn't been there before? I spent eight years of my life walking that cold beat. Nowadays? No, thanks! When Friday night rolls around I go home and rest, thank you very much.

So, yeah, blueberries in traffic. Bash & Pop. Not a half-bad day, all in all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home