Tuesday, January 01, 2008

January 1, 2008

A brand New Year has arrived on our doorstep. I'm okay with that. I'm a fairly big believer in fresh starts.

It's cold out there today, and while that doesn't make me happy, we've got the whole day to do with what we will; that's a beautiful thing.

I think I'll start the year off with a short post. I'm going to try to pace myself this year, not get too worn out early on. All I really have to say (Besides Happy New Year! and what not) today is that apparently I've been blogging for over a year and a half now. Believe me when I say it feels a lot longer than that. I swear, sometimes it feels like I've been blogging since the Civil War. That's not too much of an exaggeration. Time does weird things, you know. It curves and bends and twists and weaves, and just when you think you've got a line on it, it blows right past you.

Anyway, I went into the archives and pulled up one of my few 'classic' posts. Enjoy.

December 20, 1860 -- Charleston, South Carolina

I do declare, I woke up with a very strange sense of foreboding today. These Rebs are up to something. I can just feel it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rand said...

Happy 2008, Dan! May peace and prosperity define your year!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Gracias, Lex Ham! I'll send those gracious wishes right back your way! Cheers!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

I love those old posts, really brings me back.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Thanks, Missy. It's amazing how well they've held up -- and how prescient they were!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home