Saturday, November 03, 2007

long week

That, my friends, was a long week. My goodness.

Woo!

I. Tell. You. What.

But it was all mostly good, capped off with a rock and roll show thrown by the one and only Bruce Springsteen. Wow. Wow, wow, wow. It was probably the closest I'll ever come to attending a revival show, and let me tell you, he was doling out some right proper elixir.

It was kind of something at the end of the show, 19,000 and one people absolutely SCREAMING, 'Tramps like us, baby we were born to ruuuuu-nnnnnnn!!!!' It's funny how everyone seems to relate to that line. Is it possible deep down inside we're all tramps? I'd say it's likely.

So, yeah. He's coming back to the Xcel in March. Hop a plane, come check him out. Or take the bus. The choice is yours.

I suppose I should roll out some tunes. How about...'Secret Agent Man' by Johnny Rivers for #166 and 'Life During Wartime' by Talking Heads for #167. Bob Dylan's 'Mississippi' will more than do for #168 and 'Sleep Walk' by Santo and Johnny at #169. And...'Let's Dance' by Chris Montez leaves us at song #170.

Y'all come back now, hear?

The Sun Shines Free of All Things
You have nothing to lose
by giving
your love to someone.
You
can always
make more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

My friend Sky saw him a couple years ago and she converted to the church of Bruce. elivis is her God, Bruce is her savior.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Citizen said...

What a great name -- Sky. I like her taste in music!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home