Thursday, March 12, 2009

bringing down the horse

"I don't care that you won't quit this notion/of burying the carnival."
- Michael Penn, Half Harvest

I have an announcement, of sorts. I'm thinking very seriously of taking an extended leave from this blog. Now, don't get up on that city ledge just yet. Basically, it's just a good time for me to get to work and focus on other creative ven-tures (pronounced like dentures ((pronounced like den-tours)) ). I know myself pretty well, and as long as I have a creative outlet of some kind -- like this blog -- I will continue to drag my feet and avoid other projects which might prove to be at least mildly lucrative. So I think after post #601, that will be it for awhile. I'm not planning on abandoning the site, but I will be away from it for an extended stretch. In these few posts that remain pre-hiatus I will attempt to serve up the same nonsense you've come to expect from me. I will finally write The Cheese Post. I will likely write about a man with a hatchet. I will write about...things. And then, for a time, I won't. But then I will again, unless I don't. As the great George Harrison once wrote, all things must pass.

And he would know.

Finally, a poem.

Fader Knob
My whole life,
it's been this way:
when everyone is
listening,
I tune out.
And when no one
is listening,
I tune in.
Now,
someone
could probably
tell me
just why
that is.
But I promise you,
when they did
I would not
be listening.

3 Comments:

Blogger blackcrag said...

I thought George Harrison was constipated when he said that?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Ok, Chicken Little! I will be here waiting.

Pizza? C'mon.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Maybe he was, BC. That would explain a lot...

Good call, Missy. I do huff and puff an awful lot...and still have not blown this house down. Maybe I'll cave this time too.

Pizza sounds great! As does...a Purple Onion! Wow, just look at all those ellipsises!! :-)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home