Friday, January 02, 2009

toasting the New Year

As usual, New Year's Eve was totally awesome! As scheduled, Helen Gurkelbee showed up and we did jello shots and played Hungry Hungry Hippos until the wee hours of the morning. Things got a little crazy, let me tell you. But, nobody got hurt and that's what matters most. The night ended with Helen making the lonely 'walk of shame' to her home four houses down the street, shame derived from the fact she didn't win a single game of Hungry Hungry Hippos.

To keep her company, and to make sure she got home safely, I mocked her from our front steps. "Feel free to come back anytime, just as soon as you get yourself some game, Gurkelbee!" I shouted, my voice echoing down the silent street. "That's right; hang your head - I don't blame you! I'd hang my head too!" I even threw in a few 'U-S-A's, too. For good measure.

Then I closed the door, turned out the light and went to bed.

Like I said, it was a great New Year's Eve!

4 Comments:

Blogger blackcrag said...

Glad to hear you had a good new year's, Dan, but... you could be a gracious winner. You didn't like it last year when she took you 7-zip.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

That was in air hockey, Crag. And that's a stupid game. Except when you win. Then it's a fine game. ;-)

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zevi and Naomi are rather ferocious Hungry Hungry Hippo players. They might just chant, "Canada! Canada!"

5:07 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Sounds like some tough competition, Michael. Too tough for this rank amateur. :-)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home