Saturday, December 20, 2008

mackerel daze

'First the glass, then the leaves that pass, then comes the snow..'
- The Replacements, 'Here Comes a Regular'

'Excuse me while I kiss the sky.'
- Jimi Hendrix, 'Purple Haze'

Minneapolis Landmark
Someday I hope
we have enough money
to live comfortably
on the shores
of Lake of the Whales.
To wake up each day
beneath blue skies,
a warm cup of coffee in hand,
whales breaching just
two hundred yards offshore,
and the morning sun
french-kissing
the IDS Tower
off in the distance...
what in the world
could possibly
be
more inspiring
than that?

A stale bagel on a train
in Grand Central Station?
Yeah, somehow
I don't think so.


* A side note: If this was someone else's poem, I might be liable to say something like, 'That's not too bad. Do you have any poems that aren't about erections?'

A lot of people don't know this but I could be a real jerk if I wanted to be. It's a suit in my closet that I rarely wear, but it fits me - to a T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home