Monday, December 29, 2008

godzilla ice cream

"A-nd sometimes I/just ain't in the mood...to take my place/and laugh with the loudmouths."
- The Replacements, 'Here Comes a Regular'

And so a new year approaches. I'm just a bit ambivalent about this. Don't get me wrong, I -- like most everyone, I assume -- can't wait to slam the door on this f------ year. Still, I've always resented the implied obligation that comes with a new year. You know what I'm talking about; that 'gosh, what better way to celebrate a New Year than by getting completely obliterated?' vibe that permeates the universe about this time. I mean, I'm sure there were times that Godzilla just didn't feel like trashing Tokyo.

I'm often the same way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I mostly like to use random objects as microphones and sing on NYE.

Todd is the Gojira expert, he woudl know what kind of ice cream to get Godzilla.

8:38 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

But Godzilla trashed Tokyo anyway, even if half-assed.

So get half-assed trashed...

Me, I'll miss the kiss-the-girl-at-midnight thing more than drinking my face off. Or trashing Tokyo for that matter.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Random objects as microphones...intriguing. It sounds like an art project!

You make a good point, BC. Maybe I'll get half-lit and then chop down a bonsai tree! :-)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home