Sunday, December 21, 2008

this isn't really a blog about whales

"I'm Mike D and it's been proven."
- Beastie Boys, 'Jimmy James'

"Whales are ambassadors of the deep."
- Ancient Atlantean saying.

Well. First off, this is not a blog about whales. Though I admire whales greatly, writing about them day in and day out isn't what I set out to do. And so I'll set that fork aside and move on.

I don't even really remember what set me down that road, but it brought to mind one of my favorite stories. It's actually probably an urban legend. I should probably check it out on Snopes.com, but it's Sunday night and I'm tired. So let's just roll with it. Basically, I read this article in a magazine once. The article was about 'lost' records, promising recordings which had either been shelved, lost or abandoned. One of the lost records they discussed was a record Mike D (of the Beastie Boys) had supposedly recorded after falling and hitting his head. Allegedly, it was a country record -- at least that's what this article stated (which more and more I'm thinking had to be a spoof). Anyway, that kind of fascinated me. I'm not the biggest Beastie Boys fan in the world, but I admire them. I also like country music and Mike D is my favorite Beastie Boy. So if this record did exist, I would buy it. Hell, I'd even buy a record player, so I could play it. And if I bought a record player, then I imagine I'd likely buy a pipe too.

There isn't much point in owning a record player if you don't own a pipe, let's be honest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Mike" by the Beastie Boys, it is on the Anthology. Do you have that?

"He's Country Mike!"

5:58 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I also love the Beastie Boys and country music.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home