Monday, October 06, 2008

just another new kid in town

Not many people know this, but I have ancestors who were major players in the Old West. Yup, real gunslingers. And that itchy trigger finger runs in my blood. How could it not? I mean, first there was my great-great grandpa. He was a true legend. Folks called him The Tonsillitis Kid (he got sick a lot).

Yeah, in that way he took after his old man (my great-great-great granddaddy) -- Kid Quarantine.

Kid Quarantine's grandson, though, (or The Tonsillitis Kid's kid) took the cake as far as being an Honest to God, living, breathing legend. He was really adaptable and kept up with both the times and changing technology. Nosiree, folks never knew what to make of Kid Paradigm Shift. He kept them guessing, right up until the very end.

There's lots more I could tell you about my ancestors, but the fire's burning low and this middle-aged cowpoke is heading off to the bunkhouse. Adios, pardners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home