Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a new era

Well, good people, colour me excited! We have us a brand new Presidente' (as of about 33 minutes ago) AND I have just been given an exciting new project to spearhead at work! Yes, after months of badgering the powers that be for more responsiblity, they have finally relented and put me in charge of The Alan Parsons Project.

Now the details are still pretty hazy. This was the first I had ever heard of this particular project. Nonetheless, I am very excited! And I'm going to be really proactive on this one. My first task will be to set up a meeting with Mr. Parsons to see if I can glean the objectives of this project. I think it would be good to hear from him firsthand. From there, I will put together a killer PowerPoint presentation. I'm telling you, I'm going to nail this thing -- to the wall!

Stay tuned for further developments!

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Best. Day. Ever.

I look forward to what you have to come.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Yeah, it was a good day. I especially liked the part where the old President got on a plane and flew away.

That was awesome.

5:02 PM  
Blogger DaveW said...

My favorite part was where President Obama, during his speech, made fun of many of the Bush policies with Governor Bush sitting less than five feet away. (I say Governor Bush because you are supposed to refer to a former President by his title before he became President - that and it makes it even more clear that the last 8 years was all Texas' fault - oh, and Florida)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Citizen said...

Yes, it was an interesting speech. Nimble, with many faintly camouflaged punches sprinkled in throughout. I don't think the true message of the speech was lost on anyone, particularly the Governor.

As much as I'd like to blame the mess of the last eight years on a state (or states), I think the true blame has to be assigned to men and women who wanted power at any cost. In their quest for this power, they turned to a man they didn't understand.

Yes, I ripped that off from The Dark Knight -- but it applies!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home